March 13, 2012

Chasing Norman

I have a son. He is 15 for at least a few more months. He is a great guy. He keeps better grades than I did, which is wonderful. He also spends a great deal of time focused on music. In fact, he is in a kickass band called Chasing Norman.

He and his bandmates all attend the School of Rock in North County and there is little question that they are dedicated. Most bands can not keep it going due to simple personality conflicts. At fifteen years old (average age of members), there is a symbiosis between them that is often not seen with much older musicians. It is just plain difficult to get 4 people together for a common goal, without egos and personalities mucking up the works. I am proud of all of them for making it work.

In any case, the band has been working on an album to be released sometime this year... soon, I believe. They have honored me by asking that I produce the cover art. The design is based off of a sketch by one of the guitarists.

All I had to do from there was translate it in my own way. That meant tracking down clipart and manipulating it in Photoshop and Illustrator. The result is below.


I should note, the request of the band is that the final art be painted/ drawn. I don't have to tell you how much work that would require. Its safe to say more than one day. I look forward to getting the go ahead so I can dive into the project. Its going to be fun.


Finally, you didn't think I would let you get out of here without a taste of Chasing Norman, right?
Rock and Roll!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment